Hot Water Heater Installation and Repair Services
Do you need to repair or replace your hot water heater?
Hot water heaters often last many years, but tend to lose efficiency with each passing year. How do you know if you need a new water heater? Check for the following signs:
- You’ve found a leak in your water heater (often times you won’t see a leak but may notice your water bill has risen and upon inspection by a professional plumbing company will discover the leak)
- You don’t get reliable hot water
- You get hot water for a while, but then run out of hot water
- You have to wait a long time for hot water
- You want to switch from electric to gas, or vice versa
- You’ve noticed your energy bills have gone up, and you want to save on energy costs by switching water heaters
This last issue is worthy of attention.
Feel free to watch this brief video or continue reading the information below:
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating water is typically the third-highest energy expense in your home (clothes dryers and refrigerators use more). In recent years many improvements have made water heaters more efficient, and thus less expensive to operate. In addition there are innovative options like tankless water heaters and continuously-recirculating water systems that can further reduce your energy costs and water bills.
Ways a New Water Heater Can Save You Money
As a general rule, if you have an electric hot water heater, you can replace it with a gas heater and save 50% on energy costs, so for many people, that’s a no-brainer. If you already have a gas heater, and it’s got some years on it, it may be operating at greatly reduced efficiency, thanks in part to the red clay (mud) that tends to flow into homes and businesses via local utility systems.
Tests have shown that a gas hot water heater more than 10 years old is probably operating at about 50 percent lower efficiency, so again a new model will bring significant savings. The experts with ER Plumbing can help you determine if it would be better to repair or replace your hot water heater, and what model would be right for your needs and budget.
Why Choose ER Plumbing for Your Hot Water Heater Repair
If you need hot water heater repair, your solution may be as simple as sealing a water heater leak or replacing a burned out heating element. ER Plumbing will do it right the first time because:
- Our trucks carry hundreds of commonly used parts, so we’ll most likely be able to replace a basic heating element or other part on the spot
- We’re open 24/7, offering 24-hour emergency response plumbing
- There’s no extra charge for nights, weekends, or holidays
- Our technicians are highly trained experts who know how to evaluate water heaters for repair and/or replacement
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, Home Repairs, and Home Report
- Highly rated on Angie’s List
- Licensed, bonded and insured
- Our technicians will keep your home clean, wearing booties to protect your home and cleaning up after themselves
Hot Water Heater Installation – Choosing a New Hot Water Heater
If you’re considering a new hot water heater, now is the time to look into tankless water heaters, the newest and most energy and space efficient of the water heaters on the market today. See our page on tankless water heaters for details.
Through many years of experience, ER Plumbing has come to believe that the following brands offer the best value for your dollar, and are the ones we recommend and install the most:
- Rheem Water Heaters - Rheem provides a full range of gas, electric and propane water heaters and related heating and cooling products. Founded in the 1930s, Rheem is known as the industry leader and maintains rigorous standards for quality and reliability. In 1959, Rheem acquired the Ruud brand of hot water heaters and absorbed it under the Rheem name.
- State Water Heaters – State specializes in building durability into its water heater products. State has tested its water heaters in some of the most hostile environments and under the toughest conditions to make sure they last longer and provide many more years of service. And they’ve developed enamels that flex with extremes of water temperatures to ensure a longer product life.
- A O Smith makes high-efficiency water heaters and prides itself on innovation. They make gas, electric as well as solar panel water heathers. With higher efficiency ratings and unique designs, its products are part of the high-efficiency water heater revolution.
- Tankless water heaters – E. R. Plumbing installs Rinnai and Noritz tankless water heaters, which heat water on demand and thus save dramatically on energy costs. Learn more on our tankless water heaters page.
- Hybrid water heaters combine both electric and gas benefits, and can operate in different modes depending on owner preference or power/fuel availabilities. Many of the national brands listed above manufacture hybrid water heaters.
- Recirculating water systems provide as close to instant hot water as you can have in your home or business. Instead of storing hot water in a distant tank, the heated water is continuously pumped through insulated pipes so there’s no long wait to run out the cold water, a special advantage in cold weather.
Installing Hot Water Heaters
Today’s efficient hot water heaters can be installed in your basement, crawl space, attic, closet or even outside your home (in the case of tankless water heaters). In the old days, gas water heaters were vented up the chimney, but now water heaters are so efficient that their exhaust often lacks enough waste heat to propel the exhaust up and out of a chimney. That means a direct vent through a basement wall or attic roof can be more efficient.
The technicians at E. R. Plumbing take great care to always work neatly and efficiently when installing hot water heaters in someone’s home or business. You can be assured of minimal mess and disturbance, on your schedule and at your convenience.
Call ER Plumbing now at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form for prompt, reliable water heater evaluation, repair or installation.