Need Leak Detection in Charlotte NC?
With Charlotte temperatures plunging low this year, it’s possible for your plumbing to suffer. If your pipes freeze, pressure can build, causing leaks to occur in older pipes, and cold temperatures can freeze exposed pipes. So what can you do to protect yourself? Here are five quick and easy tips to give your plumbing its best chance!
- Clean and check for existing leaks: if your pipes freeze at any point, the pressure buildup could cause an existing weak spot or damaged section to break. So clean all of your exposed pipes (especially important if you intend to insulate them later) and look them over to see if there’s anything you may have missed. If you see any water, use a paper towel to figure out where it’s coming from.
- Go shopping: for insulating your pipes, you’ll need to go to the hardware store to purchase fiberglass or foil insulation. Similarly, if you want to fix a small leak (like in your toilet or a faucet that you’ve found is running or dripping) you’ll need replacements. Most supplies are readily found in the hardware or plumbing aisles.
- Check your bills: if you’ve suddenly noticed a large spike in how much you’re paying for water, you should call a plumber immediately. It might be the case that a pipe has burst under your home or in another unseen place. It’s also possible that there’s a small leak. Either way, you should investigate as soon as possible.
- Wrap them up: insulate your exposed pipes as soon as possible by wrapping them up with the fiberglass or foil wrapping that you bought. Make sure that every bit of the pipe is covered, including corners, and then wrap up the foil in duct tape to make sure it’s fully protected.
- Check out the unseen: crawlspaces and attics can be ripe for leaks you can’t see. Plan regular times when you go into these places and look around. Mold could be growing from a tiny leak and you’d never know.
Need an Expert in Leak Detection Charlotte NC?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte leak detection here.
Charlotte Plumbers at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Need a Matthews plumber? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed, and committed to customer satisfaction.
Quick question & answer: How can I detect leaks and prevent my pipes from bursting?
You can detect leaks and prevent pipes from bursting with the following tips. Clean and check for existing leaks. Insulate your pipes with fiberglass or foil. Check your water bills to see if you’ve noticed a spike, indicating a pipe has burst. Wrap pipes up with insulation as soon as possible. Examine crawlspaces and attics for hidden leaks.