Plumbing Emergency Charlotte Advice: Clogged Drains
Of course, it’s a fact of life that sometimes a drain will just get clogged up. Whether it’s draining slowly or completely stopped, you need to fix it. Here are some simple tips to unclog drains safely and effectively.
- Invest in a few supplies from the get-go, a plunger, a cable auger, and a closet auger. They won’t be very expensive, and they will help you out for years to come.
- Don’t use Drano to try to unclog any drains – it’s an extremely caustic chemical and can hurt you when you try to plunge or snake later on.
- Don’t buy an electric auger or a drain jetter. They can cause more problems than they’ll solve and can actually break your pipes.
- Wear safety goggles as you’re clearing a drain so you can avoid splashes and damage to your eyes.
- Try to pull hair out of clogged bathtub drains to see if that will resolve the clog so you can avoid wasted time and energy with plunging.
- When trying to clear a drain, take care not to use too much force or pressure; excess can damage your pipes and fixtures and cost you big money in the long run.
Need a Charlotte Plumber?
Need help with a clogged drain?
Unsure what to do about clogged sink drain?
Have questions about drain cleaning services?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte drain cleaning here.
Charlotte Plumbers at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Need a Huntersville plumber? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.
Quick question & answer: What are the best tips for safely unclogging drains?
To safely unclog a drain, invest in a plunger, cable auger, and closet auger. Don’t use drano to unclog any drains. Don’t buy an electric auger or drain jetter. Wear safety goggles as you’re clearing a drain. Try to pull hair out of bathtub drains to see if that helps. Don’t use too much force when clearing a drain.