Have you seen the pictures of some of the projects we’ve tackled lately? (If you haven’t, check out our Facebook page pics. While you’re there, feel free to enter our drawing for a free iPad. Drawing ends March 15th, 2012.) You can see we often deal with clogged drains, clogged pipes, and broken pipes.
But what causes clogged drains and pipes? We like to teach our customers how to prevent future plumbing problems, so we’ve offered this short guide on protecting your drains and pipes.
Common Causes Of Clogged Drains And Broken Pipes
Clogged drains and pipes can mean big problems, especially for businesses that rely on good plumbing function. A clogged drain or broken pipe is never good news, but it’s even worse news when you own a restaurant and are in the middle of rush hour or own a hotel and find out you’ve got flooding problems.
Clogged pipes are often caused by:
- Inappropriate items being flushed down pipes
- Food scraps
- Sanitary products
- Tree roots that break the pipes and clog the pipes while wasting water
How To Protect Your Drains And Pipes
You can protect your drains and pipes by doing the following:
- Post a list of what is appropriate to put down the drain
- Post a list of what is appropriate to put down the garbage disposal
- Post a list of what is appropriate to put down a toilet
- Make sure your family, employees and patrons can see the lists
- Keep an eye on your water bill and look for signs of leaks (water bill spike)
- Monthly perform a hot water cleanse of your drains (using boiling water)
- Protect your drains with grates
- Clean the grates on your drains often
- Institute hourly drain and restroom checks so you can keep an eye on potential plumbing problems before they escalate
What To Do If You Have A Clogged Drain
If you’ve got a clogged drain, you can follow the steps listed here to try to unclog the drain by yourself. If you can’t safely unclog the drain on your own, call us and we’ll clear your drains and pipes immediately.
Let ER Plumbing Help You
Here at ER Plumbing, we are leak detection specialists and clogged drain specialists. We can handle leak and clogged drain problems of any magnitude. We can handle:
- Residential clogged drains
- Commercial clogged drains
- Residential leaks in pipes
- Commercial leaks
Need Charlotte Plumbing Services?
Are you interested in more information about Charlotte drain clogs? Want to learn more about causes of clogged drains? Looking to hire a drain cleaning company?
Need assistance or advice regarding affordable drain cleaning?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte drain cleaning here.
Charlotte Plumbing Services at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Looking for Charlotte plumbing services? Matthews plumbing services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.