If you’re considering a new hot water heater, you’re probably trying to decide between a tankless water heater and a traditional water heater. Before you replace your old water heater with another traditional system, consider make sure you understand what the differences are between the two heaters.
Traditional Water Heaters
Traditional water heaters heat a set supply of water in a tank, which means you have a set amount of hot water being heated all the time. This means your hot water heater has to be heating all the time in order to keep that tank of water full of hot water. When you use a lot of hot water at once, the tank refills with cold water, which then must be heated (and which can take a while to accomplish). You can buy either gas or electric traditional hot water heaters.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters (which can be either point of service or whole household in scope) heat water when you need it, delivering just the amount of hot water needed at that time. The water is heated on demand, and does not sit in a tank all day. It’s the difference between heating a kettle of water on the stove all day for the occasional hot water needed for a cup of tea and microwaving a cup of hot water right when you need it. Make sense?
Which is More Cost-Efficient?
Tankless water heaters are the better deal because:
- Tankless Water Heaters Are Cost-efficient—in fact, a tankless water heater will cost you about 50% less in energy costs than a traditional water heater
- Tankless Water Heaters Last Longer—a typical tankless water heater will hold out for about twice as long as a traditional water heater
- Tankless Water Heaters Are Energy-efficient—which is good for your energy bill and good for the world at large
Why Do Consumers Prefer Tankless Water Heaters?
The following are some of the reasons consumers are choosing tankless water heaters:
- You don’t have to worry about running out of hot water
- You can choose an on-point system for point of service hot water
- Tankless water heaters don’t take up so much space
- You won’t have to drain the water heater every year (or risk sediment built up)
- People like using a heating system that is energy efficient
- It’s a low maintenance water heater system
Still Having Trouble Choosing a Hot Water Heater?
Need Charlotte Plumbing Services?
Are you interested in more information about Charlotte Noritz hot water heaters?
Looking to install a Rheem water heater?
Need assistance or advice regarding Charlotte NC on demand water heaters?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte tank water heaters here.
Charlotte Plumbing Services at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Looking for Charlotte plumbing services? Ballantyne plumbing services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.