Advantages of Installing Water Filtration Systems in Terms of Cost
If you’ve already been researching water filtration systems, you know that tap water contains many harmful chemicals that can be dangerous to our health. Not only can a water filtration system help decontaminate your water, but it will also help save money on beverage costs. Bottled water can be safer than tap water to drink, but it is also very costly. You will get more bang for your buck if you install a whole-house water filtration system and learn some very simple ways you can save money on beverages for your family.
Simple Steps to Save Money by Drinking More Water
The average American family spends $850 per year on soft drinks alone (and between $4,000-$5,000 on sweetened beverages over all). Soft drinks are high in calories, sugar (or harmful artificial sweeteners), and additives that can harm your tooth enamel. There is no better way to save money on drinks than to consume your own filtered tap water! Here are a few simple ways you can reduce consumption of sodas and sweetened beverages.
- Purchase reusable water bottles for each family member
- Make it a goal to replace all sodas and sugary drinks with water instead
- Take a reusable water bottle with you to the gym
- Buying bottled water or sports drinks at the gym can cost between $1-$2 per bottle
- Make your own coffee with your filtered tap water
- Drinks at the coffee shop cost $2-$5 each
- Coffee made at home costs cents and is usually lower in sugar and calories
- Encourage your family members to get in the habit of taking a reusable water bottle with filtered tap water to work or school
- Children will be less inclined to purchase a soda from the vending machine if they already have their own drink
More Benefits to Water Filtration Systems
Drinking more water is better for your health as well as the environment. As we consume our own filtered tap water, we’re saving more waste from landfills. When we decrease the amount of bottled beverages we consume, we therefore are cutting down on the total number of plastic, glass, and paper containers that are used to hold these drinks.
Purchasing a whole house water filtration system can seem like a big decision, but you can be sure it’s the right one when you keep saving money and ensuring your family members have the safest water to drink and use every day.
Quick question & answer: How can I save money by drinking filtered tap water?
You can save money the following ways by drinking filtered tap water. Purchase reusable water bottles for each family member. Make it a goal to replace sugar drinks with water instead. Take a reusable water bottle with you to the gym.