Frequently Asked Questions about Gas Odors and Sewer Smells
Click on the questions about gas odors and sewer smells presented below to reveal answers provided by experienced plumbers.
- What does a gas leak smell like? I smell rotten eggs. Does gas smell like rotten eggs? Why?
- Can a gas leak in your house kill you?
- Is it normal to smell gas at your gas meter?
- How do I know if I smell gas? What are the signs of a gas leak inside your home or business?
- Will a carbon monoxide detector detect a gas leak?
- Do plumbers have gas leak detectors?
- My toilet smells bad when flushed. Why is my toilet emitting a foul smell when we flush the toilet?
- We have a bathroom we don't use that much, and we keep getting a bad smell coming from that bathroom. What can we do to get rid of the bad smell in this rarely-used bathroom? What could be causing this since it's hardly ever used?
- My garbage disposal smells awful. How can I deodorize my garbage disposal?
- My basement floor drain next to my clothes washer and dryer keeps backing up. Whenever I do laundry, nasty water comes up through the drain and smells awful. How can I stop this from happening?
- My kitchen sink (where the garbage disposer is located) smells bad whenever the dishwasher runs. Why is my kitchen sink emitting a sewer smell, and how can I stop it?