Rock Hill SC Drain Cleaning Experts
Looking for Rock Hill SC plumbers that know drain cleaning? We are drain cleaning experts. With 20+ years under our belt, we have cleaned a lot of clogged drains.
Why Choose Us?
We're local plumbers. We've been providing plumbing service to Rock Hill SC since 1997. We know Rock Hill well.
We promise to do right by you. Our owner, Dave Parker, is a master plumber with over 30 years of experience. Read his pledge to you here, and get to know our plumbing technicians. You'll quickly see that we are dedicated to making sure you get the plumbing service you need.
Our customers will tell you that we provide great service. We're known for repeat customers because we treat every customer special. We take the time to find out what you need and then we explore options until we find the best plumbing solution for your situation. We're here if you need follow up service, and our owner gets involved if anything ever goes wrong.
Ready to Get Started?
Give us a call at 704-846-5371 or use our online contact form. We'll fix that clogged drain right away!
Don't take our word for it; check out our hundreds of positive reviews from happy customers.
Clogged Drain? What To Do?
So you've got a clogged drain. Before you call in a professional, you can try the following steps to unclog a drain on your own:
- Try hot water and dawn dish detergent. A lot of drain clogs or clogged toilets are clogged with grease and organic waste that will break down if you dump hot water and a degreasing dish detergent down the toilet or drain.
- Give it a plunge. You may think plungers are just for toilets, but they work well on sinks, shower stall drains, public restroom or kitchen drains, or bathtub drains, too. Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the rim of the plunger to improve the seal. Plunging will break up minor clogs.
- Use a snake, but be careful. If used improperly, snakes can compound the clog, making it even harder to clear the blockage. Poke carefully with the snake, trying to break up the clog and hook and pull out as much of the clog as can be dislodged.
What Not to Do
Whatever you do, don't:
- Use Draino or another chemical drain cleaner. These chemical cleaners are dangerous to your skin and eyes, corrode the pipes, and don't work well. If you must use a drain cleaner, use an enzyme based drain cleaner. We like Bio One or Bio Clean, but really these products are most effective if used monthly to prevent clogs.
- Use professional grade equipment without training. You can damage pipes or yourself.
- Make homemade tools. We've seen quite a few coat hangers that end up damaging pipes or just stuck in the clogged drain.
Drain Cleaning Best Practices
If you've got one clogged drain, there's a very good chance your whole system is pretty gunked up. Invest in a whole house drain cleaning, and then follow these drain health beat practices:
- Install hair catchers in your drains
- Use a Zip-It once a month to remove hair and gunk from drains
- Don't pour grease down drains
- Use an enzyme based drain cleaner once a month
- Talk to your family about what they flush down the toilet and what they put down the garbage disposal. Basically, only organic waste and toilet paper should go down the toilet, and only small scraps should go down the garbage disposal.
If you follow these simple practices, you will have sparkling clean drains!
Rock Hill SC Plumbers With 5-Star Ratings
Looking for reputable Rock Hill drain cleaners? You found us! Give us a call at 704-846-5371 today.