Charlotte Fire Hydrant Repair and Installation
In need of fire hydrant service? We perform Charlotte fire hydrant repair, installation and maintenance on all Charlotte spec fire hydrant makes and models, such as Mueller and American Darling.
We’re here for you when…
- A fire hydrant is damaged by a traffic accident
- A fire hydrant has been tagged out by the fire department
- Your hydrant doesn’t provide adequate pressure or flow rate
- You need routine maintenance performed
- Your fire hydrant needs to be completely excavated and replaced
We’ve been repairing and replacing fire hydrants since 1997, so we know a thing or two about hydrant service. Give us a call at (704) 846-5371 and we’ll take care of this and any other commercial plumbing needs you may have.
Fire Hydrant Installation Service
If you need a new hydrant installed, we have 20+ years of experience and all the heavy equipment necessary for the installation.
Fire Hydrant Repair Service
Fire hydrants may be sturdy, but eventually they need repair. We provide the following hydrant repair services:
- Replace worn gaskets and parts. After we inspect hydrant components for signs of deterioration, we’ll replace parts as needed. Our vast inventory of replacement parts and vendor connections allows us to quickly fix the hydrant with brand new components.
- Lubricate the operating nut and stem. To prevent seizing, stripping and binding, our hydrant repair team performs on-site lubrication of the hydrant valve stem, using approved lubricants.
- Repair leaking hydrants. After we isolate the leak’s exact location, we repair the leak right away to minimize water waste.
- Sandblast and paint hydrants in place. After removing old paint with a sandblaster, we repaint the hydrant with a primer and a fresh coat of paint on site.
- Lower or raise the breakoff flanges. A hydrant that is installed to the proper depth is important to its function during an accident. As ground levels surrounding a fire hydrant change due to road widening, site work or landscaping, it’s important to make sure the hydrant’s height is adjusted to compensate for these changes. Our hydrant repair team will ensure safety by lowering or raising the hydrant to the appropriate height.
Fire Hydrant Maintenance
Need annual hydrant inspections performed? Sign up for annual maintenance and we’ll take care of audit, flow, static and residual testing for you, keeping you on top of hydrant performance and hydrant code requirements.
Annual fire hydrant maintenance includes the following:
- Clean and grease caps and fittings
- Replacement of gaskets
- Flow testing and analysis
- Installation of cap locks
- Working and maintenance of gate valves
- Raising of hydrants
When we check your hydrant, we make sure of the following:
- The hydrant drains properly when closed
- Outlets face the correct direction to accommodate pumper-to-hydrant connections
- No damage (example: from traffic accidents) has been done to the hydrant
- Obstructions (example: utility poles or fences) are not too close to the hydrant
- The operating stem turns properly
- No obstructions exist inside the hydrant that would restrict water flow (example: trash)
- Sufficient clearance exists between the ground and the hydrant outlets
Need Charlotte Fire Hydrant Repair Service?
We’re ready when you need us! Open 24/7, and never an extra charge, no matter what time of day you need service. Give us a call at (704) 846-5371 to schedule your hydrant service.