Increase Resale Value When You Upgrade Your Home with Modern 2019-2020 Plumbing Technology
Thinking of reselling your home anytime soon? Then you’ll want to be in touch with the latest and greatest modern 2019-2020 plumbing technology. What plumbing features are homeowners looking for, and how can you upgrade your plumbing in a way that improves the resale value of your home?
The following are some of the most-searched plumbing technologies. Learn how you can improve your home’s appeal by upgrading a few plumbing items.
Tankless Water Heaters
This is the highest searched plumbing feature, and this correlates with what we are seeing in modern homes. Tankless water heaters are prized because they:
- Reduce energy costs by about 30%
- Last twice as long as traditional tank water heaters
- Are easier to maintain and repair
- Require less space
- Produce endless hot water, so they are excellent for large families or high hot water demand times (like when you want to run the dishwasher, washing machine, a shower and a bath at the same time - no worries about running out of hot water, which is great for busy families)
Hot Water Recirculation Systems
This is the second highest searched plumbing feature, and is also in demand since modern homes often feature master bathrooms that are located far away from the tank water heater. It can take a very long time for hot water to reach the master bathroom, and a hot water recirculation system solves that problem and lowers energy heating costs.
Smart Irrigation Systems
Control your irrigation system from your phone or tablet, and troubleshoot any problems using technology with a smart irrigation system. These systems are easy to use (so nice to be able to turn on and off your sprinkler system while at work on a hot day, or while driving the kids to activities), and they save you money, too, since you can better control how much and when you water your lawn. You can always use and adjust your smart timer on the fly as well, making it easy to control watering. It’s no wonder they are popular with people looking to buy a new home.
Smart Leak Detection Systems
These systems are controlled from your phone and/or tablet, and will alert you if any of the following happens:
- Someone leaves the water running for an unusual amount of time
- A leak is suspected
- Unusual water use is happening
You can use the system to turn off water to any part of your home from any location. Remote control of water use in your home means you can prevent water damage or wasteful use of water with a tap on your phone.
Reduce the chances of passing colds and spreading germs with a touchless faucet in your home. The latest models are attractive and inexpensive, easily modernizing any kitchen or bathroom.
For the environmentally conscious, these are very popular. Greywater is recycled, filtered, and reused in your home to significantly lower waste of clean water. Depending on what type of greywater system you choose, you can decide if greywater is cleaned and used to wash dishes a second time or if it’s pumped out to irrigate your lawn. Less water is used, which is good for the environment and for your water bills.
Some of the features on smart toilets are pure luxury designs; others are functional features. Most smart toilets offer some if not all of the following features:
- Auto flush
- Overflow protection
- Water conservation flush options
- Massaging bidet
- Air dryer
- Heated seats
- Foot warmer
- Remote control
- Self-cleaning capacities
- Leak alerts (for leaking flaps)
- Deodorizing capabilities
- Automatic closing lid
- Bluetooth and MP3 capabilities
Like the smart toilets, smart showers offer a mix of luxury and functional features with a heavy leaning towards the luxurious. Some common features are:
- Massage jets, often in multiples and located in various locations of the shower walls
- Mood lighting
- Voice or remote temperature adjustments
- Remote controlled massages tempos and pressure controls
- Self-cleaning capabilities
- Bluetooth pairing for listening to music or news, podcasts, etc.
Smart Water Heater
Smart water heaters offer a variety of additional functionality not provided by traditional water heaters such as the following:
- A smart thermostat that allows you to adjust temperature settings more precisely and from your phone or tablet
- Energy smart modes that respond to user patterns to save hot water
- Diagnostic screens which make it easy to troubleshoot and fix any problems that may arise
Increase the Resale Value of Your Home
Buyers look for signs that your home is modern, energy efficient, and will provide perks they did not have in their old home. By upgrading your home with modern plumbing, you will gain the edge over homes that have been neglected.
Been in your home for over ten years? Thinking of selling soon? Contact us to discuss the best ways to upgrade your plumbing and make your home attractive for resale. We look forward to working with you!
Quick question & answer: What are the best 2019-2020 plumbing technology upgrades?
Upgrading your home with 2019-2020 modern plumbing technology can increase your home resale value. Upgrades for your home include:
- Tankless water heaters
- Hot water recirculation systems
- Smart irrigation systems
- Smart leak detection systems
- Touchless faucets
- Greywater Systems
- Smart toilets
- Smart showers
- Smart water heater