Best Money Saving Tips
Looking for ways to save money by saving energy or water? The following practical tips will help you cut your energy bill and your water bill significantly. Small efforts add up.
Check out these money saving tips:
- Use cold water for cleaning as much as is possible. You’ll save money on heating hot water.
- Check your home for leaks often, especially leaky toilets, running toilets, and leaky showerheads or faucets. Leaks waste a lot of money and water!
- Install water-conserving showerheads.
- Insulate your tank water heater and your pipes to keep water hot after it has been heated.
- Lower your tank water heater’s baseline temperature to 120 degrees F. You don’t need the water to get hotter than this (your dishwasher has a built-in temperature booster to get dishes clean) and you’ll avoid getting scalded.
- Turn off or at least down your water heater when you leave for vacation.
- Run cold water when you run your garbage disposal. You’ll save energy and protect your disposal.
- When handwashing dishes in the sink, plug up the sink (or wash inside a dishpan) so you don’t waste hot water.
- When it comes time to get a new hot water heater, invest in a tankless water heater. You’ll save money on energy and never have to wait for water to heat up (or waste gobs of water running the faucet or shower, waiting for the hot water to travel from your tank to the point of use.) Plus tankless heaters last twice as long as tank heaters, so you’ll put off having to buy a new one for about ten years.
- Install low flush toilets.
- Water your lawn early in the morning or late in the evening, when less water will evaporate. You’ll soak your lawn or garden more quickly, delivering more water in less time.
ER Services – Charlotte Plumbers Who Care
Looking for more ways to save money and energy? Follow us on Facebook for tips on do-it-yourself plumbing projects, ways to fix plumbing problems in a cost effective manner, and tips for preventing plumbing problems.
Need Charlotte Plumbing Services?
Are you interested in more information about Charlotte Noritz heaters?
Looking to hire a plumber in Charlotte?
Need assistance or advice regarding Charlotte tankless water heating systems?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Charlotte Plumbing Services at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Looking for Charlotte plumbing services? Concord plumbing services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.
Quick question & answer: What are the best money saving tips for plumbing?
These are the best money saving tips for plumbing. Use cold water for cleaning as much as possible. Check your home for leaks often. Install water-conserving shower heads. Insulate your tank water heater and your pipes. Lower your tank water heater’s baseline temperature to 120 degrees fahrenheit. Turn your water heater down or off when you leave for vacation.