Do you know what to do with your water heater if it begins malfunctioning? A water heater can begin making strange noises, overheating or leaking uncontrollably and needs to be turned off immediately. Do you know how to turn off your water heater? Find out how you can disable your water heater quickly so you can have time to call a plumber to take care of the maintenance or replacement of your water heater right away.
Charlotte Water Heater Repair Services: Step by Step Instructions How to Turn Off Your Water Heater
- Turn off the gas or electricity
- Gas- turn the dial on the thermostat to the “off” position
- Electric- find the circuit breaker and flip it to the “off” position
- Turn off the water supply
- Turn your water supply valve clockwise until it stops completely. If this does not work, you may have to locate and shut off the main water valve for your house.
- Drain your water heater
- Use the drain valve and attach a hose to it and place the hose somewhere that you can drain hot and rusty water without it causing any damage. Open any of your hot water faucets in the house to allow air to flow into the tank to drain it.
- Open the tank’s relief valve
- There is a valve that allows excess pressure to release a bit of water. Flip it either straight up or straight out.
Do I Need to Repair My Water Heater?
Once you have turned off and drained your water heater, it needs to be looked at to determine whether you need a repair or replacement of your water heater.
Need Charlotte Plumbing Services?
Are you interested in more information about Charlotte Noritz heaters? Still unsure how to turn your water heater off and want some help?
Looking to call a Charlotte plumbing company?
Need assistance or advice regarding water heater repair?
E.R. Services is open 24/7, 365 days a year. You don’t need to take time off work or wait until the morning because we never charge extra for nights or weekends. Just give us a call at 704-269-1066 or use our online contact form.
Learn more about Charlotte tank water heaters here.
Charlotte Plumbing Services at Your Service
Serving the Charlotte metro area, including Charlotte suburbs. Looking for Charlotte plumbing services? Marvin plumbing services? We’ll get the job done now and the job done right. 30+ years experience, fully staffed and committed to customer satisfaction.
Quick question & answer: How do I turn off my water heater?
You can turn off your water heater by first turning off the gas or electricity. Then, turn off the water supply by turning your water supply valve clockwise until it stops completely. Drain your water heater by using the drain valve, attaching a hose, and placing it somewhere you can drain hot and rusty water without causing damage. Open the tank’s relief valve.